About The Farm Labor Practices Group (FLPG)
The Farm Labor Practices Group (FLPG) is a group of key stakeholders including manufacturers, buyers, growers, government and non-governmental organizations, whose purpose is to facilitate constructive dialogue about farm labor practices. The goal of the FLPG is to help both farmers and farmworkers in the production of labor-intensive crops better understand and comply with applicable labor laws and regulations, and to foster improved farm labor practices, where needed, that shape a worker’s experience on the farm.
Current members of the FLPG are:
- Alliance One International, Inc.
- Altria Client Services, Inc.
- Farm Labor Organizing Committee
- Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility
- Japan Tobacco Inc.
- North Carolina Agribusiness Council
- Philip Morris International Management Inc.
- RJ Reynolds Tobacco Company
- United States Department of Labor — Wage and Hour Division
- Universal Leaf North America U.S., Inc.