Guidelines When Using Farm Labor Contractors (FLCs) and Farm Labor Contractor Employees (FLCEs)
- Be registered (current and not on debarred list)
- Be authorized for ALL services being provided
- Current Pre-Occupancy Housing Inspection Certificate for each facility.
- All vehicles used are included on FLC registration card
- All vehicles used have current tags and inspections
- Insurance (auto & workers' comp.) for each vehicle
- Be registered (current)
- If driving, be authorized, have doctor's certificate and valid drivers license'
- Keep their FLCE card with them at all times
Growers Should |
- Understand they are joint employers when using FLCs
- Paying workers directly is always preferred.
- Inspect & copy ALL FLC/FLCE Documentation
- Registration cards
- Worker disclosures (including fees and deductions from pay)
- Insurance (auto and workers' comp.
Records to Obtain When Using a FLC |