Compliance and Assessment Coordinator – GAP Connections, Knoxville, TN
The Compliance and Assessment Coordinator shall be responsible for coordinating GAPC compliance and assessment activities. The position will be full time and will be located at the GAP Connections home office in Knoxville, Tennessee.
- Assist in the design of GAPC Certification and assessment programs
- Coordinating and assisting with growers participating in the GAPC Certification program
- Coordinating and assisting with Member companies participating in assessment programs
- Developing RFPs for third party audit firms
- Soliciting and evaluating third party audit firm proposals
- Developing and updating audit and assessment instruments, instructions for auditors and other protocols for the GAPC compliance monitoring activities
- Assisting with auditor training
- Serving as GAPC point of contact for auditor questions and problems
- Monitoring status of audits and assessments progress
- Addressing grower questions and problems regarding the compliance activities
- Addressing questions regarding associated growers and replacement growers
- Working with third party auditors to develop reports of compliance results
- Outreach to stakeholders regarding GAPC Certification and assessment activities
- Lead the development of new programs related to GAPC compliance
In addition to the above, the compliance and assessment coordinator will also assist as needed with other GAPC projects and activities such as grower and worker training events. This position includes in and out-of-state travel which can include trips lasting several days.
- Minimum of B.S. Degree, preferably in a field related to agriculture, labor management or economics/business
- Candidate must be able to work independently and be able to carry out coordination responsibilities with little direction
- Accomplished and demonstrated professional communication skills both orally and in writing
- Have or be able to obtain a U.S. driver’s license
- Familiarity with use of computers, tablets and other IT equipment
- Willingness to become familiar with the basics of production of commodities involved in GAPC programs
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
This position description is subject to periodic review and is not meant to be an all-encompassing list of duties and responsibilities but to give general direction
To apply send resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information contact: