Come join the growing team at GAP Connections!
Program Coordinator/Assistant – GAP Connections, Knoxville, TN
GAP Connections is looking for an experienced professional to help manage our office needs and program offerings. In addition to administrative tasks, this position would assist in various programs and projects led by other staff including tasks related to the GAPC Certification Program (tobacco and hemp) and GAPC Training.
This position is initially being offered as a part-time position but may be augmented to a full-time position depending on the qualifications and experience of applicant how well they match the current and future needs of GAPC.
The ideal candidate would have experience in public speaking, data management, presentation development, and professional writing. Applicant should have strong organizational and communication skills and be willing to take on any task to maintain smooth operations and to meet project deadlines. This position could potentially include in and out-of-state travel to present and assist at GAPC meetings and trainings.
Persons applying must be able to work proactively and independently, while also setting the tone for a strong office work ethic. GAPC is looking for problem solvers and creative thinkers who are interested in agriculture, sustainability, and social responsibility topics.
- Assisting in the management of member and vendor relationships
- Assisting members in the utilization of or participation in GAPC services and programs.
- Compilation and dissemination of reports for GAPC member companies and stakeholders
- Procurement and maintenance of GAPC equipment, supplies and training materials
- Assisting the Executive Director in accounting/bookkeeping functions
- Establishing and promoting best office practices and guidelines.
- Organizing periodic team or corporate events.
- Occasional onsite assistance at meetings off-site including presenting, communicating with growers, and sharing GAPC materials.
- Minimum of B.S. Degree or 5 years of applicable job experience
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), QuickBooks or other accounting/bookkeeping software.
- Experience with office IT equipment (computers, printers).
- Willingness to participate in continuing education opportunities to learn skills needed by a growing company
- Candidate must be able to work independently and be able to carry out coordination responsibilities with little direction
- Accomplished and demonstrated professional communication skills both orally and in writing
- Excellent time management skills.
- Able to multi-task and problem solve.
- Attention to detail, and initiative to proactively suggest ideas and be an active team member.
- Have or be able to obtain a U.S. driver’s license
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include hybrid working schedule from home and office, short-term and long-term disability, matching IRA, and paid time off. Title will be determined after GAPC reviews the applicants experience and strengths that can be provided to GAPC.
This position description is subject to periodic review and is not meant to be an all-encompassing list of duties and responsibilities but to give general direction
To apply send resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information contact: