Mission and Purpose
GAP Connections is a 501 (c) (5), nonprofit agricultural membership organization which provides leadership for the adoption of agricultural standards and practices which produce a quality crop while protecting, sustaining or enhancing the environment, ensure the safety and rights of farm laborers, and recognize those producers who are committed to a higher standard.
GAP Connections achieves its mission by:
- Coordinating the adoption and implementation of standardized agricultural practices
- Streamlining processes for producers and the companies that purchase their products
- Serving as a clearinghouse between producers and purchasers
- Identifying producers who are committed to quality, safety, and compliance
- Connecting producers to training and resources to help achieve compliance
- Facilitating partnerships to foster an environment that promotes sustainability, profitability, and competition
In an industry filled with standards and requirements that are both variable and numerous, GAP Connections pursues simplicity, ease and efficiency in order to achieve maximum adoption of practices that improve agricultural products and better the conditions of those individuals engaged in agricultural industry.
Revised October 16, 2018