Guidelines When Using Farm Labor Contractors (FLCs) and Farm Labor Contractor Employees (FLCEs)
- Be registered (current and not on debarred list)
- Keep their FLC card with them at all times
- Be authorized for ALL services being provided
- Current Pre-Occupancy Housing Inspection Certificate for each facility.
- All vehicles used are included on FLC registration card
- All vehicles used have current tags and inspections
- Insurance (auto & workers' comp.) for each vehicle
- Have doctor's certification - http://www.dol.gov/whd/forms/wh515.pdf
- Have a valid driver's license
- Be registered (current)
- If driving, be authorized, have doctor's certificate and valid drivers license'
- Keep their FLCE card with them at all times
- Understand they are joint employers when using FLCs
- Paying workers directly is always preferred.
- Inspect & copy ALL FLC/FLCE Documentation
- Registration cards
- Worker disclosures (including fees and deductions from pay)
- Insurance (auto and workers' comp.
- Check the DOL/WHD FLC list to ensure that FLC status is current
Records to Obtain When Using an FLC
- Registration Card
- Insurance (auto and worker's comp)
- Driver's License for all drivers
- Doctor's Certificate for all drivers
- Housing Inspections for all Labor Camps utilized (see Housing and Safety Checklist)
- Worker Disclosures (see Worker Information - Terms and Conditions of Employment)