Navigating our future relies on a clear understanding of past practices and the outcomes of those decisions. Farm records provide a clear understanding of past practices and outcomes in the hopes growers can see what worked or did not work.
Good records also provide a way for growers to measure profitability. Farming is a business and the ability to better understand the impact of price changes to inputs or sales allows for better decision-making financially. Records are also helpful and sometimes required to secure loans or gain better technical advice from crop consultants, input suppliers, or Extension specialists and/or agents.
GAPC Records Templates
GAPC provides record templates for growers to provide efficiency and organization to the required data for GAPC Certification. Growers are not required to use the GAPC templates to keep records but are required to have the data listed in the Certification Records and Materials List if they use another recordkeeping method.
- Certification Records and Materials List
- Download Record Templates and Resources - Air and Fire
- Download Record Templates and Resources - Flue
- GAPC Records_Excel Template
Transplant and Greenhouse Purchase Records Templates
Some records are required by law such as recordkeeping requirements from the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) or the Migrant and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Protection Act (MSPA). It is important for growers to be aware of those requirements and to be prepared to produce the required records if ever visited by the U.S. Department of Labor. Those required records are requirements in the GAPC Certification Program along with records to provide proof of best practices in labor management.
Below is a graphic that can assist growers in labor recordkeeping. Click on the interactive link above the graphic to see the PDF with clickable links to many of the items listed. The listed items can also be found in the Labor Record templates provided by GAPC.
- Farm Roster
- List of Important Numbers
- Emergency Plan Template
- Vehicle Information and Inspection Log
- Field Sanitation Inspection Log
- Air & Fire: Barn Inspection Record
- OSHA 300 Forms/Logs
- Worker Concern Discussion and Documentation Record
- Anti Discrimination Policy Template
- Non-Immediate Family Minors (Under 18) Working on the Farm Record
- Parental Consent Record
- Volunteer Labor Record
- Worker Abandonment & Termination Record