We are connecting growers and buyers through environmentally and socially sustainable good agricultural practices.
GAP Connections is a 501 (c) (5), nonprofit agricultural membership organization that provides leadership for the adoption of agricultural standards and practices which produce a quality crop while protecting, sustaining, or enhancing the environment, ensure the safety and rights of farm laborers, and recognize those producers who are committed to a higher standard.
GAP Connections achieves its mission by:
- Coordinating the adoption and implementation of crop, environment, and labor standards and practices.
- Streamlining processes for growers and the companies that purchase their products.
- Serving as a clearinghouse between growers and purchasers.
- Connecting growers to training and resources to help achieve the adoption of GAPC standards and practices.
- Connecting farmworkers to training and resources to help ensure their safety and rights.
- Identifying growers who are committed to quality, safety, compliance, and achieving a higher standard.
- Engaging and facilitating partnerships with stakeholders to foster an environment that promotes sustainability, safety, profitability, and competition.
In an industry filled with standards and requirements that are both variable and numerous, GAP Connections pursues simplicity, ease, and efficiency, in order to achieve maximum adoption of practices that improve agricultural products, better the conditions of those individuals engaged in agriculture, and sustain or enhance the environment agriculture, depends on and operates in.
Revised June 2022