Come join the growing team at GAP Connections!
Trainer and Program Coordinator
GAP Connections (GAPC) is looking for a bilingual (English and Spanish) individual for a full-time position to help start a farmworker training program and to assist in other GAPC program offerings. This position would assist in various programs and projects led by other staff including tasks related to the GAPC Certification Program (tobacco and hemp) and GAPC Grower Training. Responsibilities of the position include coordinating training efforts with key stakeholders, developing training and educational resources to be distributed to farmworkers and growers, and researching best practices as they relate to agricultural labor and labor management. This position would also include assisting in organizing safety training events in several states. This position includes in and out-of-state travel which can include trips lasting several days.
The ideal candidate would have experience in public speaking, presentation development, and professional writing. Applicant should have strong organizational and communication skills and be willing to take on any task to maintain smooth operations and to meet project deadlines. This position would include in and out-of-state travel to present and assist at GAPC events and trainings.
Persons applying must be able to work proactively and independently, while also setting the tone for a strong office work ethic. GAPC is looking for problem solvers and creative thinkers who are interested in agriculture, sustainability, and social responsibility topics.
- Assisting in the development of a farmworker training program.
- Organize farmworker training events.
- Act as liaison and coordinate farmworker training with key stakeholders, growers and farmworkers in states with GAPC members to enhance the reach and number of educational resources for farmworkers.
- Promote and track usage and impact of materials with audiences using GAPC communication channels.
- Work with GAPC management to evaluate appropriate technologies and materials that would enhance GAPC membership services, focusing on those related to farmworkers and agricultural labor management.
- Provide project leadership for resource development and event management for and with farmworkers including developing and updating management on projected costs and timelines. Provide procurement oversight as needed.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders as appropriate and instill confidence in the company's ability to deliver services and resources to meet member and stakeholder specifications and demands.
- Leading or assisting others at events and trainings including presenting, communicating with farmworkers and growers, and sharing GAPC materials.
- Minimum of B.S. Degree or 2 years of applicable job experience
- Fluency, spoken and written, in English and Spanish
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with office IT equipment (computers, printers).
- Willingness to participate in continuing education opportunities to learn skills needed by a growing company
- Candidate must be able to work independently and be able to carry out coordination responsibilities with little direction
- Accomplished and demonstrated professional communication skills both orally and in writing
- Excellent time management skills.
- Able to multi-task and problem solve.
- Attention to detail, and initiative to proactively suggest ideas and be an active team member.
- Have or be able to obtain a U.S. driver’s license
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Title will be determined after GAPC reviews the applicants experience and strengths that can be provided to GAPC.
Flexible working environment with driven and helpful team members. Job can be done on a hybrid schedule with 2-3 days from home and 2-3 days in the office after an initial on-boarding time. This position will have paid time off, IRA offering, short-term and long-term disability, and other benefits that can be discussed with management.
This position description is subject to periodic review and is not meant to be an all-encompassing list of duties and responsibilities but to give general direction
To apply send resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com.
For more information contact: