Farmworker Training and Program Assistant/Coordinator
GAP Connections (GAPC) is looking for a bi-lingual (English and Spanish) individual for a position to provide training to farmworkers in the southeast with a focus on Kentucky, Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia. This position would also help market the GAPC Customized Farmworker Training at events such as GAPC training events, industry conferences and expos, and other meetings with potential agricultural employers. Responsibilities of the position include coordinating training efforts with growers and key stakeholders, developing training and educational resources to be distributed to farmworkers and growers, and researching best practices as they relate to agricultural labor and labor management. This position would also include assisting in organizing and presenting safety training events and grower training events held by GAPC in several states.
This position includes in and out-of-state travel which can include trips lasting several days. Training may be requested early mornings or evenings requiring flexibility in schedule. The position also requires the set-up and take down of presentation equipment, tables and chairs depending on the training event. The applicant would need to be capable of lifting 20-30 pounds.
This position, depending on the demand for training and the skills of the individual applying, could be a part-time or full-time position. GAPC administers several other programs and could offer a full-time position if the individual had the skills and qualifications to assist GAPC in other programs.
The ideal candidate would have experience in public speaking, presentation development, and professional writing. Applicant should be comfortable going to agricultural operations and businesses and speaking in front of large crowds. Applicant should have strong organizational and communication skills and be willing to take on any task to maintain smooth operations and meet project deadlines. This position would include in and out-of-state travel to present and assist at GAPC events and trainings.
Persons applying must be able to work proactively and independently, while also setting the tone for a strong office work ethic. GAPC is looking for problem solvers and creative thinkers who are interested in agriculture, sustainability, and social responsibility topics.
- Assisting in the further development of the GAPC Customized Farmworker Training Program.
- Leading and assisting others at events and trainings including presenting, communicating with farmworkers and growers, and sharing GAPC materials.
- Organizing and scheduling farmworker training events including sourcing needed materials.
- Act as liaison and coordinate farmworker training with key stakeholders, growers and farmworkers in states with GAPC members to enhance the reach and number of educational resources for farmworkers.
- Promote and track usage and impact of materials with audiences using GAPC communication channels.
- Work with GAPC management to evaluate appropriate technologies and materials that would enhance GAPC membership services, focusing on those related to farmworkers and agricultural labor management.
- Provide project leadership for resource development and event management for and with farmworkers including developing and updating management on projected costs and timelines. Provide procurement oversight as needed.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders as appropriate and instill confidence in the company's ability to deliver services and resources to meet member and stakeholder specifications and demands.
- Minimum of B.S. Degree or 2 years of applicable job experience
- Fluency, spoken and written, in English and Spanish
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with office IT equipment (computers, printers).
- Willingness to participate in continuing education opportunities to learn skills needed by a growing company
- Candidate must be able to work independently and be able to carry out coordination responsibilities with little direction
- Accomplished and demonstrated professional communication skills both orally and in writing
- Excellent time management skills.
- Able to multi-task and problem solve.
- Attention to detail, and initiative to proactively suggest ideas and be an active team member.
- Have or be able to obtain a U.S. driver’s license
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Title will be determined after GAPC reviews the applicants experience and strengths that can be provided to GAPC.
Flexible working environment with driven and helpful team members. Job can be done on remotely with quarterly trips to Knoxville for meetings with other staff and Board members. Depending on the type of position, part-time or full-time. This position could have paid time off, IRA offering, short-term and long-term disability, and other benefits that can be discussed with management.
This position description is subject to periodic review and is not meant to be an all-encompassing list of duties and responsibilities but to give general direction
To apply send resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com.
For more information contact: